Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Get well Card

I wanted to create a Get Well card for a Director from work who is going into hospital to have a hip replacement.

Using the Cricut Cartridge Dr Check Up - I cut the figure out with with Crutches with a broken leg, but removed the leg with the cast. I cut a further body piece but flipped the image, I then used the leg from the second cut and fixed it to the original - I now had the figure on crutches but with no plaster cast.

The remaining layers were cut out and layered up on the body. The phrase surgery was cut in both red and black card stock and a white shadow of the phrase was also cut, these parts were layered up and glued in place.

Two further crutches were cut out and a message was stamped onto white card stock, this was layered up on black and red card, The spare crutches were fixed over the 2 corners of the message.

A cream backing card was used and layered on to black and red card stock and fixed to the base card. Four decorative corners were cut from black card using 'My Favourite Things ' Photo corners dies.

Let hope Kevin likes his card and is soon back on his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment